About Real Christian Singles Features Why RCS? Sign up!

Welcome, Guest:
Join Real Christian Singles!

Member Login:
Username:
Password:
forgot password?

-Success Stories
-Singles Bookstore

Singles Articles

Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Facebook!

Forums -> Asian Singles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asianplum

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:05 am  Reply with quote

Stereotypes
I agree with tenantofwildfellhall that there are way too many stereotypes about Asian women. I personally am appalled by men who believe in those stereotypes. I don't fall into any of them. Men I meet are sadly mistaken.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message

SuSuChanel

Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:23 pm  Reply with quote

Re: Asian Women....are there any here?
abundantlife7 wrote:
twosparrows wrote:
I noticed the last post in this section is over 2 months old. Sooo...are there any Asian Women actively on this site who read the forums?

There are lots of asian/pillipino girls on this site. Yes the Piilipino girls do have a different culture aspect when it comes to men then american girls.

Phillipino girls just desire to be a good wife and mother and not hung up on a guys looks or age. They just want a man who`s going to love them.

I may be joining you twosparrow acroos the ocean we go.

that's a bit harsh...i'm an american woman, mixed race but still, i dont care about looks or age and just want a man who will love me. i think every woman on the planet, no matter what culture, just wants a man who is going to love them.

Nick457

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:29 pm  Reply with quote

The idea that any one race / ethnic group / nationality is somehow "better" or superior to any other group in any way, shape or form (physically, mentally, spiritually) is insulting as, by extension, some other group(s) must therefore be inferior / lesser.

Furthermore, the idea stated above is heretical. Yes, heretical. Jesus Christ gave himself as a sacrifice for ALL humanity. He was able to do so because ALL humanity is summed up in each and every individual...if all humanity is equal. If, however, any one person or group of people is more or less than another then you can not say that all humanity is summed up in each individual and therefore, the sacrifice of Christ applies more or less (or not at all?) for this person / group or that person / group.

As for stereotypes...it is sheer folly to think that anyone is going to mold right into all the stereotypes...and even more foolish to think that the person will remain stagnant in stereotypes. People are dynamic, ever changing and not static.

Also, one must keep in mind the cross-cultural differences as well. We have a tendency to notice that which we find appealing and block out that which we don't find so attractive...until the unattractive becomes a problem. For example: As my profile now states, I'm here for the forums. I'm in a committed relationship. My special lady friend is Middle Eastern and that has it's advantages and challenges. Advantage: She treats me like a king! Very Happy Challenge: It's not always clear to me when it's "Opposite Day" with her??? Part of M.E. culture is to say one thing and mean exactly the opposite! I HIGHLY advise anyone crossing racial, cultural, national lines to study and learn the differences between the 2 and make the adjustments! What is "common sense" to one group is NOT always common sense to another! The "conventional wisdom" of one group may not apply at all with the other.

Furthermore, "Asian" is a pretty vague description. Asia is a massive continent and there is a multitude of nationalities to be found there. Middle Eastern: Arab, Persian, Kurdish are all Asian. Indian (northern and southern) are all Asian. Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese and Philipino are all "Asian" and there are cultural differences from any one to the next.

Finally, having a "preference" for one group over another in terms of "attraction" is a personal matter...but proclaiming that preference in a manner that is insulting to others is wrong. "Where are all the ____ women / men? They are better..." is an insult to all those who do not fit the criteria.

simplyme1961

Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:30 pm  Reply with quote

Well written Nick457 Very Happy Smile Wink

Nick457

Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:45 pm  Reply with quote

Wow! Someone agrees with me? That doesn't happen very often around here! (or anywhere for that matter) Confused

tewahedo

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:02 pm  Reply with quote

Nick457 wrote:
Wow! Someone agrees with me? That doesn't happen very often around here! (or anywhere for that matter) Confused

Make that 2 Nick - great answer!

I'm the product of a redneck from Texas (albino white, red hair, burns in the sun) and a straight from Ethiopia mother (short, wonderful, beautiful story for that one). My son is mixed as well. I'd say that to characterize any race - any group of people - with some predefined notions can easily be sinful.

With that being said, you've alluded to some exceptions. Culture. Makes a big difference. Someone from the M.E. vs some one who's born/raised in the US and is M.E. are two different cultures. Cultures breed different customs. Customs breed attitudes & viewpoints.

We should actually learn about the person - see their difference (in culture) for what they are (beautiful) and not to pigeon hole someone into something they're not (judgmental/sinful).

Nick457

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:30 pm  Reply with quote

tewahedo wrote:
Nick457 wrote:

Make that 2 Nick - great answer!

I'm the product of a redneck from Texas (albino white, red hair, burns in the sun) and a straight from Ethiopia mother (short, wonderful, beautiful story for that one). My son is mixed as well. I'd say that to characterize any race - any group of people - with some predefined notions can easily be sinful.

With that being said, you've alluded to some exceptions. Culture. Makes a big difference. Someone from the M.E. vs some one who's born/raised in the US and is M.E. are two different cultures. Cultures breed different customs. Customs breed attitudes & viewpoints.

We should actually learn about the person - see their difference (in culture) for what they are (beautiful) and not to pigeon hole someone into something they're not (judgmental/sinful).

Well written post! People have a tendancy to see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear. There is a tendancy to focus soley on those things considered to be "good" or "bad" with unshakable preconceived notions. One should always deal with each person 1st as a unique individual...who may, or may not, fit whatever "stereotype" he / she is supposed to fulfill. And it really does help to educate self in the cross- cultural sense.

Shelpu

Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:39 am  Reply with quote

there are some things which a particular culture values more than many other things. this is not to say therefore those aspects of cultural life are totally absent in other cultures.

Two strong characteristics of a typical Asian culture is the notion of family, in all its extended sense, and community.
Whats pleasantly striking is that these ideal christian values have continued to be the defining mark(s) of an historical people whose contact with the Gospel is of recent occurring.
Maybe, that's why orthodox Christian values on family, men-female relationship, role, etc. are easily accepted in asian culture.

of course there are exceptions. but rules are not based on exceptions.

Buriri123

Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:58 am  Reply with quote

alot...

Ruth1394

Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:49 pm  Reply with quote

Filipina Woman
Hello!
Yes I agree if you are looking for a faithful, caring, loving and God-fearing woman I think you can found it in the Philippines.
I am a Filipina and I am proud to all Filipina.
It is proven and tested.

leesw2

Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:39 am  Reply with quote

Re: Stereotypes
Asianplum wrote:
I agree with tenantofwildfellhall that there are way too many stereotypes about Asian women. I personally am appalled by men who believe in those stereotypes. I don't fall into any of them. Men I meet are sadly mistaken.

There are plenty of stereotypes about men (American, British, etc) that go around as well. Confused

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4