About Real Christian Singles Features Why RCS? Sign up!

Welcome, Guest:
Join Real Christian Singles!

Member Login:
Username:
Password:
forgot password?

-Success Stories
-Singles Bookstore

Singles Articles

Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Facebook!

Forums -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  

IS MATERBATION WRONG?
YES
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
NO
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
DEPENDS ON THE CIRCUMSTANCES
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
NO WAY YOU'LL NEVER GET INTO HEAVEN
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Nofauxminkx

Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:41 am  Reply with quote

Is anyone brave enough to discuss masterbation?
I know this is a very controversial Subject and if not allowed on this Site, I'll be happy to delete the discussion of this Subject, but I believe there are some very pertinent issues in the day we live in, that are positive in accepting the idea of this form of pleasure.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message

leesw2

Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:59 pm  Reply with quote

Re: IS ANYONE BRAVE ENOUGH TO DISCUSS MASTER_B_T_O-
We'll, I've studied this subject because of its connection to relationships and sex.

Here's an article on what the Bible says about sex: What is prohibited and what is allowed.

http://www.familydynamics.net/sexandthebible.htm

car2ner

Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:07 pm  Reply with quote

The most pertinant thing I have heard on this subject was simply this: (and do not answer this question outloud!)

Consider what you find yourself fantasing about if/when you do this act.

Preacherboy

Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:29 pm  Reply with quote

Matthew 5:27-

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matthew 15:18

But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

20These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Phillpians 4:
8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Romans 1:27

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

BottomLine:

ANY sex outside of Marriage is wrong in the eyes of God. Masturbation causes you to lust after a woman.

would you feel comfortable about telling or talking to anyone about it?

If it's controversial, it's probably sin.

Lusting after a woman is adultery according to Jesus. Therefore, I don't care about any author's oppinion. Jesus said it, then that settles it.

You are also committing spiritual adultery by not placing Goodly things in your thoughts. Instead you have some wierd fantasy about some Hot model.

Even women you should not be in bed with like other men's wives and single ladies, whores and such like.

hard2handle

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:58 pm  Reply with quote

Nofauxminkx wrote:
I know this is a very controversial Subject and if not allowed on this Site, I'll be happy to delete the discussion of this Subject, but I believe there are some very pertinent issues in the day we live in, that are positive in accepting the idea of this form of pleasure.

WOO! What a brave post!! A REAL subject with no right answer for every single person. Ok...that or...what NOTHING??...not likely unless maybe you're 100 or 10. Personally, it's not my thing, BUT I think it serves a purpose. As for "what the Bible says" I'm so tired of KJV ONLY, interpretation, interpretation, interpretation. Sometimes I like the Catholic version, sometimes others; hey, I even still use that old Living Bible I got when I was 10. Look PEOPLE...we answer to God...not a bulletin board of opinionated right wing know it alls (hmmm....). Do what is in your heart. When a man (or woman) lives in a marriage that is void of physical intimacy...just what should they do and what if the other partner is ill? We are human. We are not God. Guess what....HE actually knows we're human. If someone is in a marriage and they aren't getting any they can explode (and they will, trust me), or use this method, or leave the neglecting partner and move on... . If they are single...um...since when are we Mr. Perfect PAUL??? Since NEVER. And who says it has to accompany a fantasy? We were given imaginations anyhow. I bet 90% of men fantasize about SOMEONE ELSE (yes...church people and all) when they're with their partners...women are usually too busy worrying about the laundry.... . I don't think a fantasy is always a part of this. It's physical. It's hormonal...why does everyone on here forget we have hormones? Am I the only peri-menopausal one? I doubt it. Half of you are kidding yourselves and the other half are lying, is what I think.

It's not for everyone. Some people are ok without it. Some people are just plain sexless...and some just go and shoot people at the Post Office... . Either way, the frustration will come out somehow. May as well be private and safe about it.

I applaud the nofauxminkx for bringing this up. I couldn't have done it. But it's not something I ponder, but I do know that when I was married and couldn't stand being near my husband, all I wanted was for him to stop taking his frustrations out on me and....well....you figure it out.

Nofauxminkx

Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:06 am  Reply with quote

WOW !! I love the responses....Males leaning one way...Females leaning another way...not one as yet, admiting to anything really....and then ALL those quotes!!!...Hmmmmmm.....Consider, just for a moment my point of view, please. I was 15 when I met my Hubby. We raised 2 Children~~had Careers~~we loved the Lord~~~were always Faithful and had a very active and interesting and very creative Sex Life(was the creative part wrong?? Of course not!!)~~BUT he died just over 2 years ago !! I miss him terribly. I wish he was still with me, but God in his Wisdom decided that it was his time to be called Home. I think about him. I can see him and hear him in my mind and I continue to enjoy the memories of those times we shared together for so many years. I'm not interested in another man, but I certainly would be a Liar if I didn't admit I miss Sex a whole lot !!!! Soooooooo....Hmmmmmm....what to do? I'm still young and very active. Must I then find somebody/anybody so that I can quickly marry again just so I can enjoy Sex. I think definitely NOT !!~~and of course, I will not even consider that option at this time...I'm not ready for somebody/anybody to enter my Space, yet, although I am searching. Therefore, in the meantime, I believe that self pleasure is a clean, safe, healing activity~~until God brings me the right Life Partner~~~and we've all heard the Fact stated by all those in the Medical Profession "Use it or lose it"(this applies to Males and Females)...I feel I'm remaining active in preparation for the 'real thing'. Now as for those who condem Fantasy~~I suggest you just go right ahead and continue to deprive yourself of this form of pleasure~~but how can you do that when it occurs during a Dream? It's very common~~it's definitely a Fantasy~~~it's definitely a pleasure~~and let me assure you~~it's definitely good for you. Go ahead. Enjoy it without guilt because if nothing else, God knows we are human~~He has given us desires~~He has made us~~He loves us~~and he forgives us IF this can be considered a Sin. Judge no one lest you be Judged yourself. Make no mistake in Judging me. I am not going to h*ll for this~~not on your Life !! I am Heaven bound for sure, for sure~~EVEN if I masturbate. There isn't a single doubt in my heart.

Preacherboy

Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:14 pm  Reply with quote

I don't know why people always misconstrue being a child of God and repentance. Just because yo sin it doen'st mean your going to h*ll. I hate when people who know better use that type of quote.

"Just because I do thiss, it doesn't mean I'm going to h*ll!"

We know that. at least I do any way.

Let's think about the subject here for a moment though.

The Word of God, or man's oppinion....hmmmm. I'll take the Word of God please.

Just because It happens, it doesn't mean it's not sin. I do a lot of thing I'm not supposed to, but it doesn't mean I can't talk to God about it when I can.

--Would you be happy to tell a close friend about it?
come on--deep down inside you know it makes you a little uncomfortable.

Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

I'm sorry but there is no getting around what Jesus himself says about it.

goldenlab

Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:36 pm  Reply with quote

Hey! There,

That is hard subject and I had been reading that since this came up.

Ask yourselve the question: Why am I doing this masturbation? What is the reason you are doing this? If that is longing for sex desire and you can't have it because you are still single. That is sin. It's not helping you to put God first. That is part of sexual sin. I had been there when my hormone were driving me up the wall. I felt dirty and shame. I had to talk to my counselor about that. I am now free from that. I am glad to be free from that.
Please do becareful and that is a very strong addiction. You need to break free from that. If you are addict to that read Neal Anderson's book. That will help you to break free from that.

Now, if you are married to your soul mate and you too do masturbation with each other when you didn't want sexual intercourse at that time but to arrouse sexual desire for each other. I can't said that is a sin.

The Lord Bless You,
Goldenlab

Preacherboy

Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:32 am  Reply with quote

What is the book called? Where can I get a copy? What's he talk about?

goldenlab

Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:55 am  Reply with quote

Hey! There and Preacherboy,

Neil T Anderson had written a lot of the books for us Christians to be free from bondage. You can find that at Christian bookstore or special order that.
The Bondage Breaker
The Beginner's Guide to Spiritual Warfare
A Way of Escape Freedom from Sexual Strongholds
Released from Bondage

I am missing some book and I didn't list all of them. One more book before The Bondage Breaker. That is the book that I can't seem to find in my book libraray.

There is the website that you can go to and it's very good. The name of his ministries is Freedom in Christ Ministries. Call (310)691-9128

The Lord Bless You,
Goldenlab

Nofauxminkx

Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:34 pm  Reply with quote

Thank you for ALL your thoughts, both private and public. I am not ashamed of what I do. I would talk to anyone about the subject because to me it is not an issue that is sinful...I would encourage anyone with doubt/shame/regret to stop feeling that way and enjoy the ALL the wonderful senses that God our Creator has given us. YES, YES, YES, I would talk to any of my friends...and I do...I would talk to a family member (which includes my Adult children)...and I do.......I would talk to strangers, like all of you...YES...I would talk to anyone about it... and I do talk to God about it...and He tells me in my heart that I'm just fine. NO. I'm not ashamed in the least.

goldenlab

Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:23 pm  Reply with quote

Sad Hi! Nofauxminkx

I don't want to sound preaching at all. From reading what you wrote in your statement and your profile I thought that a man wrote it in the first place but it happens to be a woman who wrote it. Of course, I had heard that women do it but not as many. I know that men and boys do it and have since they were born. You would see them do that when you are changing their diaper. But really as a grown person like you or any man should not be glorying this. Is that your #1 goal? Would you do that in front of Jesus right there right now and be happy and glorying that?

I know that I can't change you and your heart about it. But please read the book that I have listed that Neil T. Anderson wrote. You should read them and it's will open your eyes that you are slave to that and in bondage of that too. Believe me for that.

I doubt that you would talk to your pastor about that.

Question: To you, who is Jesus?

The Lord Bless You,
Goldenlab

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15