About Real Christian Singles Features Why RCS? Sign up!

Welcome, Guest:
Join Real Christian Singles!

Member Login:
Username:
Password:
forgot password?

-Success Stories
-Singles Bookstore

Singles Articles

Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Facebook!

Forums -> Ministry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaaandyB

Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:04 am  Reply with quote

Clever names for ministry?
I'm trying to come up with a list of some clever names people have for small groups (youth, men, women, families, recovery groups, prayer groups, etc.), church outreaches, magazines or newsletters, etc. I've heard some pretty neat ones in the past, but never made a list. I'm interested in these as I move forward in ministry so I might either borrow one or use them to get my creative juices flowing. If you've got some neat ideas, please share them here.

PLUPiper

Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:06 pm  Reply with quote

Well, my youth groups at my church were called Christ Kids, TNT(terrific new teens) and SLY(senior lutheran youth)
Good luck!

MaaandyB

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:17 am  Reply with quote

PLUPiper wrote:
Well, my youth groups at my church were called Christ Kids, TNT(terrific new teens) and SLY(senior lutheran youth)
Good luck!

Haha... I kind of like TNT. ...DYNAMITE! Smile

One youth group name I like is Submerge. I think it's good because it could mean you go deeper into the Word and deeper into God, and it's got a baptismal edge to it.

PLUPiper

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:38 am  Reply with quote

I like submerge as well. I'll see if I can remember any of the other names I've heard or used over the years.

robmontana49

Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:11 pm  Reply with quote

Names
Hi, here is one we use at our ministry

“The Bread of Life”
Food & Clothing Ministries

Mt 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
Mt 25:36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
Mt 25:37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
Mt 25:38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
Mt 25:39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
Mt 25:40 “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’

God Bless
Back to top View user's profile Send private message

paulabbc

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:58 am  Reply with quote

I've heard the following names for ministries:

Life Connection Groups (Sunday School)
Plenty-Niners (the senior ministry)
refuge (Young adults)
refuel (young adults)
Diesel (teens)
Element (jr. high)
Unblend (teens)

I can't think of any more, but I've heard a bunch more.

In His Grip,
Paula

MaaandyB

Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:31 pm  Reply with quote

paulabbc wrote:
I've heard the following names for ministries:

Life Connection Groups (Sunday School)
Plenty-Niners (the senior ministry)
refuge (Young adults)
refuel (young adults)
Diesel (teens)
Element (jr. high)
Unblend (teens)

I can't think of any more, but I've heard a bunch more.

In His Grip,
Paula

Oooh! I like a few of these, especially Refuge and Refuel. You can do a lot with that prefix. Thanks for the ideas!

Godluvshockey

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:15 pm  Reply with quote

The best one I've heard was "CRABS"

Christian Rights Advocates Being Stubborn

Actually, I've never heard of it, but it would be kinda funny, I think.

Jesusfreak421

Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:09 pm  Reply with quote

The name we are currently using for youth is THUGLIFE. Teen Hearts Under God Living In a Fierce Environment. It works for us because of the background they are used to. I wouldn't recommend it for every youth group, but it meets where WE are. Also, I've heard Refuge. I kind of liked Submerge, too.

slinkywoman

Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:59 pm  Reply with quote

My church has our Fall Outreach to the community on October 31st. This gives families an alternative to halloween and still provides candy, free food, games, face painting, and the gospel is delivered and prayer available. It also takes the fear of church away. I love the name of it -- "Holy Ghost Weenie Roast." The posters say, "Our ghost is Holy!" Smile
Back to top View user's profile Send private message

Jesusfreak421

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:05 pm  Reply with quote

slinkywoman wrote:
My church has our Fall Outreach to the community on October 31st. This gives families an alternative to halloween and still provides candy, free food, games, face painting, and the gospel is delivered and prayer available. It also takes the fear of church away. I love the name of it -- "Holy Ghost Weenie Roast." The posters say, "Our ghost is Holy!" Smile

Lol. I like that. Now that you mention it... a local church here has a fall festival called "Hallow-Him". Another pun in action.

Page 1 of 1