About Real Christian Singles Features Why RCS? Sign up!

Welcome, Guest:
Join Real Christian Singles!

Member Login:
Username:
Password:
forgot password?

-Success Stories
-Singles Bookstore

Singles Articles

Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Facebook!

Forums -> Ask a Guy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CommitedtoChrist89

Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:10 pm  Reply with quote

What do you value most in a woman?
The title speaks for itself.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message

dfunke2012

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:12 pm  Reply with quote

What I value most in a woman.
Besides or above looks and that initial attraction like in the phsycial is she must be GOD's woman first and foremost, then comes the character, charm, whit, humor, is she a good people person, will she make a good mother, partner etc. is she unique etc. level headed all those other things but the most important being GOD.

BBW_SavedbyGrace

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:56 am  Reply with quote

dFunke, Thanks for your honesty~!

dfunke2012

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:00 am  Reply with quote

You are most welcome. seriously is what it all boils down to is she the one GOD made for me and will we be happy together. Friends first shoot best friends first then mates and soul mates if it goes that way. What am I looking for most in a woman? JESUS first and then all the rest. Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and then all not some but ALL of these things the spouse, kids, jobs, finances, etc. etc. etc. will be added to you.

SavedByGrace1481

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:05 pm  Reply with quote

I value a woman's sense of reservation! Do you belong to Christ, or do you belong to the world? I think that is a life encompassing question. It includes a woman's heart, her hopes and desires, her present life, her future, her physical body, and everything in between. As much as some may argue that they are comfortable, I hate seeing Women out in public in short shorts! It's a difficult temptation for me sometimes as a man who has been saved by the Lord Jesus! So what manner of sin could it provoke in an unregenerate man? With that said, I greatly appreciate and admire any woman who is consciously and intentionally modest in her dress: knowing that she belongs to the Lord Jesus, and thAt she is accountable to Him. I understand that grace is important here too! I cannot expect a woman to be perfect any more than I am myself.

Here's my advice towho are searchin for a soul mate based on my own hopes and desires for my own future wife:

First, make your calling and election Sure (1 Peter 1:10)! I myself need to remember that if our peace and security are not perfected in Christ alone, we cannot hope to have it be so after we are married.

Second, choose to acknowledge God in all of your ways before man, that He himself may direct your path (proverbs 3:6)! We must all be conformed to the image of Christ himself, and not to the image of sinful Adam.

Lastly, DO NOT compromise your faith for anyone! Search the scriptures and keep them dearly in your heart! God is not slack when it comes to His promises (2 Peter 3:9)! If we wait on Him with diligence and readiness, we can be confident that in any situation the LORD himself will keep us!

Forgive me for going off like that... Did That answer tour Question?
[youtube][/youtube]

dfunke2012

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:45 pm  Reply with quote

Saved by grace you said it all man

leesw2

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:30 am  Reply with quote

Yes, I value the inside most of all but that doesn't mean my eyes don't get a say as well. God made us all to be triune beings (body, mind and spirit) and wanting a woman who's great in all of those things isn't a sin or shallow.

Here are some other similar posts:

What do you value most in a woman

Do you want her wearing high heels? LOL

Does age matter to you?

Do girls care if a guy is bigger in stature? Be consistent ladies. If you don't want your looks to matter at all and call a guy shallow for considering them than you should be fine dating the Jolly Green Giant, right? Or dating someone who is blind.

Mr. Green

Harlequin

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:55 am  Reply with quote

I have to say that I don't like the terminology here. To say that a woman is valuable because of her attributes is to package her as a product. To list things about her that I see as valuable is to leave those women without those things thinking they're less valuable in some way. That is not the case at all.
Every woman is infinitely valuable both as a person and as a woman. We cannot even say that a God-fearing Christian virgin is more valuable than a Pagan harlot. God thought the harlot is valuable enough to die for her. I'd say that makes her infinitely valuable even if she never accepts His gift.

Now getting past the idea of value, each man has his own preferences in a woman's attributes and character I think. I've said many times in other threads that I'm not the normal guy, but I don't think searching for a mate should be a matter of shopping for the best deal. I feel in my heart that, somewhere in the world, God designed a girl for me. I know some things about what she must be in order to be compatible with me, things I use in the process of determining whether or not I've found her each time I find a potential girl, but my search for her is more of a quest to find her as an individual rather than of searching for the best deal.

The girl I will marry is no more or less valuable than any other girl on the planet. But she was designed for me. It's that simple.

The Foole, the Jester

~ Harlequin

SavedByGrace1481

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:34 pm  Reply with quote

@ Harlequin -

I can understand where you're coming from to a certain degree, but where did you come up with the idea that God values pagans just as much as he values a born again bible believing Christian? In Genesis 6-8 we read that God decided to destroy the whole earth, save 8 souls for the wickedness of men. Scripture does say that God is no respecter of persons, but that doesn't mean that God loves everyone the same. What it does mean, is that he doesn't value a king anymore than a peasant just because the king is a king and the peasant is a peasant. Scripture says that as His Children in Christ, we are heirs to all things. What a difference in value compared to the poor souls who will inherit only destruction! God says that His children are the apple of His eye.

Again, I can understand where you're comingfrom to a certain degree, but I do not believe that the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob values pagans just as much as he values His own kids, who were chosen before the foundation ofthe world to be presented holy, and blameless before Him in love(Ephesians 1).

I'm just concerned, you know? Where did you come up with that idea, and Do you know of any scripture that supports it?

Harlequin

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:04 am  Reply with quote

Thank you for your concern, SavedByGrace. I'll describe my reasoning, but I must make a slight preface to it. 
From some of your statements, you may be making an argument from the perspective of the doctrine of election. If so, I can say that we will not come to an agreement. Such an argument would be futile, so I will not engage in it. But if you're not, my reasoning is thus -

We know that God is the Author and Sustainer of all life. His "kids" are every human being that has ever and will ever exist. But God did not wreck Creation. Man did. He rebelled against his Creator and became a slave to wickedness. The Redeemed are merely the ones of His "kids" that have returned to Him.

We also know that God loved the world such that He gave His only begotton Son to die for it. We know that He is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. So on one hand, we see that His love is completely,  perfectly, and justly extended toward all people.
On the other hand, we know that God is also perfect Justice. He has set forth the Principles of Righteousness as the way people must follow. Via the path of Law that ultimately leads to the grace of redemption, His Justice was satisfied in the death of Christ. Christ is the Door which substitutes for the wrath of God for all who accept that Gift.
Considering all of what we know, God doesn't 'take sides' so to speak concerning men, perferring some to others. He takes the side of Righteousness against Wickedness, battling principalities rather than flesh and blood. Truly, He is the side of righteousness. When His wrath is executed, it comes against wickedness and those who have chosen to be its propponents. It has nothing to do with preferring one group of people over another. It has to do with the righteousness of His Name.

That said, stating that God destroyed the world with the flood, destroyed the empires and kingdoms before the Israelites, destroyed Ananias and Sapphira, or numerous other examples in Scripture because of preference of persons (whether by love or by value) must assume that He doesn't love or value those He judges (or at least values them less). That is not at all the case. He loved and valued all people enough to provide that Door, the means of our escape that costed His own life. All have the choice to accept or reject His Gift. But though He loves them, those who choose to reject and side with wickedness will endure the wrath of His perfect Justice.

Now that's a lot to read, but essentially I'm explaining that just because God punishes, kills, destroys, and ultimately eternally condemns people isn't because He loves or values them any less than the Redeemed. It's because they choose to not accept the Escape He offered. Then He must destroy them even though He loves and values them enough that He died for them.

That says much about the pain it must cause Him to do so... and the burden Christ bore upon the cross

The Foole, the Jester

~ Harlequin

SavedByGrace1481

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:14 am  Reply with quote

What does God say about how much he loves or values certain people? I believe in the holy bible as an absolutely authoritative standard when it it properly interpreted with the holy ghost and proper hermaneudics. I could reason within myself all day long based on what I have heard from different sources, but the LORS says this In Jeremiah 17:9 "the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?". Do you believe that? If so, what does that mean for us? That is part of why we have the scriptures. They are inspired by God and they are good for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16). What matters more than what I think, is what God says. Do you know of any scripture that supports the idea that God loves/values pagans the same as true Christians?

John 1:3 says, "but as many as received Him, THEM gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name:". - I this is a clearly exclusive statement. Not everyone is a child of God.

Then first John 3:1 says, "behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God. Therefore the whole world knows us not, because it knew Him not.". - There is something special about God's love to those who are called His kids.

The only reason God loves Christians at all is because of Christ! Psalm 11:5 and 7 say respectively, "the Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loves violence his soul hateth.". And. "for the righteous LORD livery righteousness; His countenance doth behold the upright.". We are not justifies without Christ. We are not righteous without Christ. I'm sure you won't argue that, but what is God saying about those who are not In Christ?

In Malachi 1 the LORD says, "I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? Saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, and I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.". - that same scripture is referenced by Paul in Romans 9:13.

I strongly encourage you to check those references out for yourself! & if you know of or find any more scriptures, please share them so I can do the same! =)

Isay

Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:38 am  Reply with quote

@ Harlequin..
nice POV..

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2