About Real Christian Singles Features Why RCS? Sign up!

Welcome, Guest:
Join Real Christian Singles!

Member Login:
Username:
Password:
forgot password?

-Success Stories
-Singles Bookstore

Singles Articles

Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Facebook!

Forums -> Politics Forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leesw2

Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:07 pm  Reply with quote

Any Ron Paul Supporters Here?
I don't mean to get all political, but I really admire Ron Paul. Here's why:

Link

Politics just hasn't corrupted the guy. He's pure, doesn't flip flop and is tough as nails.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message

quix

Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:33 pm  Reply with quote

The more I learn about Ron Paul, the more I'm convinced that he could breath life back into America! My only question is regarding his views on israel! Do you have any idea what his views are?

snufupole

Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:16 pm  Reply with quote

I'll vote for him if he runs on a republican ticket but not as an Independent. I hate to say it but the presidential campaign is rigged in such a way that only a democrat or a republican is going to win. Independent's don't stand a chance.

lunch

Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:33 am  Reply with quote

speaking as someone outside of US, both me and all the people I know would love it if Americans voted for Ron Paul. A committed christian conservative man, married to the same woman for 55 years, he has been saying the same thing for years about the global financial situation and the unsustainablility of multiple foreign wars and has been right about it all along.

HiImDan

Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:26 pm  Reply with quote

snufupole wrote:
I'll vote for him if he runs on a republican ticket but not as an Independent. I hate to say it but the presidential campaign is rigged in such a way that only a democrat or a republican is going to win. Independent's don't stand a chance.

That's what Ross Perot did-ruin all independents chances for election, he obviously was bill clintscum's tool (everyone who would have voted for bush, voted perot) Rolling Eyes I voted for Ron Paul in the primaries, too bad the media ignores him Rolling Eyes I voted against democrats up to this point and it looks like we'll once again, choose the lesser of two evils, mitt romney.

rlh86

Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:48 pm  Reply with quote

I don't fully agree with RP on all issues, but I think he's right on in terms of our foreign policy. Quix: I haven't heard much on what he believes but I'm pretty sure he wants to treat Israel just like all the other countries - cut foreign aid and remove any of our servicemen from overseas bases. Besides, Israel is perfectly capable of taking care of itself.

That being said, I am excited with what's happening. He is obviously not a party hack or Washington insider like the other bozos that are calling themselves Republicans. He's also doing much better than he did in '08. The media tries to ignore him or paint him as crazy but that only adds to the fire. If he keeps doing what he's doing there's a good chance he'll get the nomination, I think.

leesw2

Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:33 pm  Reply with quote

quix wrote:
The more I learn about Ron Paul, the more I'm convinced that he could breath life back into America! My only question is regarding his views on israel! Do you have any idea what his views are?

Basically, Ron Paul is opposed to all foreign aide right now because we are more broke than the countries we're giving aide to and because we give "aide" to our enemies and the enemies of Israel.

The United States gives massive and yearly foreign aide to the following countries who are our enemies or neutral: Afghanistan ($3.9 Billion), China ($12.9 and yet we are borrowing money from them that WE have to pay back), Nigeria ($647 million), Pakistan ($3.1 Billion), Egypt $1.3 Billion, Russia ($68 million), there's a lot more on the list but I don't have the space. Ron Paul the only candidate who realizes how broke we are and that we can't keep this up. We give 7 times more to Israel's enemies than we do to Israel and they are our allies!

So he would help Israel by taking away funding for their enemies and that would also mean that the strings attached to our money wouldn't be there anymore and Israel could defend itself without having to ask us for permission to do so.

Dragonfly sarah

Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:16 pm  Reply with quote

Horray for Ron Paul. Other people helping the enemies of Israel bad idea! No aid to Israel's enemies. Only Israel should be getting aid to help them and Jew's God's chosen people. The United States need's all the money we can get to help protect the people of the United States and protect our freedom. In God we trust! I might vote for Ron paul or Rick Santorum. I am still on the fence about it. California has not gotten to voting yet. We will see when we get close to the day of voting in C.A.

HiImDan

Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:53 pm  Reply with quote

Dragonfly sarah wrote:
Horray for Ron Paul. Other people helping the enemies of Israel bad idea! No aid to Israel's enemies. Only Israel should be getting aid to help them and Jew's God's chosen people. The United States need's all the money we can get to help protect the people of the United States and protect our freedom. In God we trust! I might vote for Ron paul or Rick Santorum. I am still on the fence about it. California has not gotten to voting yet. We will see when we get close to the day of voting in C.A.

I agree with you. Why doesn't everyone who has a facebook account (or twitter) go ahead and post this like I did? http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=814413559

Nick457

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:53 pm  Reply with quote

quix wrote:

What about his views on the Constitution? Individual rights, liberties and freedoms?

Are we to support Israel no matter what they do?

HiImDan

Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:10 pm  Reply with quote

Nick457 wrote:
quix wrote:

What about his views on the Constitution? Individual rights, liberties and freedoms?

Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

I'd have to say yes.

Nick457

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:53 pm  Reply with quote

HiImDan wrote:
Nick457 wrote:
quix wrote:

Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

I'd have to say yes.

1) Since when do we use the Bible as our guide for foreign policy? Who does the interpreting? Should we have a gov't agency "Dept of the Bible"? How about we govern from the Constitution and support those who share our ideology?

2) Would you still say "Yes" even if Israel decided to oppress Christians?

3) Speaking of Biblical interpretation...Believe it or not, the scripture that you quoted can be interpreted other than we must support Israel "right or wrong"...and you might want to consider at least a couple more references before finalizing your "foreign policy":

It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. Romans 9:6

A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. Romans 2:28

By the way...that promise from God was to Abraham...and his seed...who is Jesus Christ...and with Jesus, his church. It is not a call to support the Israeli gov't no matter what they do, right or wrong.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4