About Real Christian Singles Features Why RCS? Sign up!

Welcome, Guest:
Join Real Christian Singles!

Member Login:
Username:
Password:
forgot password?

-Success Stories
-Singles Bookstore

Singles Articles

Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Facebook!

Forums -> Prayer Requests

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBW_SavedbyGrace

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:25 am  Reply with quote

My Ladies bible study,....NOT a bible study!
hi there! I've been going to a "bible study" for three months! We talk 80% about life,problems etc, and we study about 20%! The leader says she wants it that way, but she never said GOD wants it that way! She is of herself and in her flesh! I already told my pastor, but I need prayers for Gods will be done in this "study" and to get all the ladys flesh out of the way! I'm hungry and I'm not getting fed here! If we studied 50% and Talked 50% I would be happy! They don't talk about God, they talk about their lives, poor me, etc! I am really sad though, that these women are being led by someone thats doing her will not Gods! Please pray, Thank you so much! God Bless and be with you! I have not said anything to the leader because she has stated twice that that's the way she wants it!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message

Nick457

Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:12 pm  Reply with quote

You have 2 choices: 1) Stay where you are and continue to rage against the system or 2) Find a different Bible study. It isn’t just the Bible study leader who wants the meetings to be “Hen sessions” but the other members of the group as well- or they wouldn’t stay with the group.

Nick457

Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:17 pm  Reply with quote

By the way…rage against the system is a lesson in utter futility.

amh55

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:15 pm  Reply with quote

I'm very sorry to hear you are having such a hard time in your bible study. I have run into the same types of problems, and I know how difficult and frustrating it is. Girls can be so gossipy, rude, and manipulative at times, and I feel like, while no one is perfect, ladies, especially Christian ladies, should definitely get their act together and know better than that by now! My suggestion to you would be to find a female mentor, someone that you really trust, and confide in them about what is going on, and be able to go to them for spiritual teaching and guidance, if you are feeling overwhelmed by the small group setting, and don't feel like you are getting much out of it. My other suggestion would be to find another bible study, with ladies a bit older than you (even by a few short years), and I feel like that would be a better fit for you, because they might be a bit more mature, and be able to focus better and actually study the bible together. I am struggling with this issue myself, and I have gone to all the leaders of our college ministry and addressed this, so hopefully something will be said, and it will improve soon. My only other suggestion, if it is possible, is to start your own bible study, so that you can politely keep everyone on track, and have rules so that everyone gets a chance to speak and you can stay on the topic for that night. I will pray for you, and I wish you the best of luck!

BBW_SavedbyGrace

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:45 pm  Reply with quote

Sorry, I forgot I posted this, so now I'm back!
I have stopped going to the bible study, God gave me scriptures and told me not to go back! Yes I'm sure it was God! Yes, I need to move on and find a more mature group of ladies! Since then the Pastor has preached twice to the Bible study leader! He doesn't preach anymore hardly, because of health problems! I will pray for you too to find a Good Christian bible study! Thank you! God is working on it!

Precious_lovedbyJesus

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:14 pm  Reply with quote

A Bible study should be to study what God has to say in the scripture in it's deep meaning, help each other to understand the Bible. There will be some sharing, testimonies and prayers too!

annysa12

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:31 pm  Reply with quote

Bible study should be God centered,not "me" center
Bible study should be about studying the text within the Bible and linking it to what is going on in our world today and the students (and teacher) should be learning how to apply the Word of God to their daily lives. It sounds like to me that this particular Bible study is nothing more than a support group set up with in the church. Don't get me wrong, there is everything right with setting up support groups within the church but they should be Christ centered, encouraging, and members int he group should feel as though they are destined for greatness and victory in every situation in their lives. Ecclesiastes 3 tell us that there is a time and place for everything and Bible study is time to learn about the scriptures (and maybe some research relating to the scriptures) and the support group that's going on during Bible study time needs to change it's outlook and be separate from Bible study and the Bible study and support groups within the church should be God centered, not "me" centered. Cool

annysa12

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:32 pm  Reply with quote

Bible study should be God centered,not "me" center
Bible study should be about studying the text within the Bible and linking it to what is going on in our world today and the students (and teacher) should be learning how to apply the Word of God to their daily lives. It sounds like to me that this particular Bible study is nothing more than a support group set up with in the church. Don't get me wrong, there is everything right with setting up support groups within the church but they should be Christ centered, encouraging, and members int he group should feel as though they are destined for greatness and victory in every situation in their lives. Ecclesiastes 3 tell us that there is a time and place for everything and Bible study is time to learn about the scriptures (and maybe some research relating to the scriptures) and the support group that's going on during Bible study time needs to change it's outlook and be separate from Bible study and the Bible study and support groups within the church should be God centered, not "me" centered. Cool

LovingJen

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 pm  Reply with quote

We have small groups in our church where we get together for fellowship and Bible study. I have been in 2 different groups and run 2 different ways which is fine since everyone is different. I decided to become a small group leader and have had 2 sessions. I've really enjoyed it and it puts me in charge of how the group will go. If someone gets off topic too long, then we move it back to the study. I've really enjoyed all these groups, including the one I'm a leader in, because we all relate it to our lives. For the next couple of weeks, we are talking about prayer and how each of us has seen God's grace and blessings showered on us in His answers. I'm glad that you found another group and I hope that this is fits you better.

BBW_SavedbyGrace

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:03 pm  Reply with quote

Praying for people to get scripturely fed, whatever church they are in! I am giving time to let my pastor do what he has to do to change things! I am a 4 month old newbie in this church! Thanks all, God Bless I do appreciate the feedback! Yes, it is a very much ( ME ME ME ME ME) "bible study"!

blue2

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:30 pm  Reply with quote

Good for you
Thank God for your move, these are evil days where the 'love of many will wax cold', there is no time to stand and stare. Indeed, watching out for your salvation and growth should be paramount because 1 Cor 10:12 admonishes us to take heed to ourselves. God bless and strengthen you as your desire to know Him is greater than any gist.

Victoria7

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:01 pm  Reply with quote

Bible Study
If you look in the Bible, you'll find that is dangerous to your health to not call out to GOD and then spit in his face. If they say it is a Study then why don't they really want to study about God, don't get it, what is the hidden agenda? Somethings not right. I'd be afraid to do that, Gods going to get them, all that participate in such a thing. Don't be part of it, will only come back to bite them.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Servant of God

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2