About Real Christian Singles Features Why RCS? Sign up!

Welcome, Guest:
Join Real Christian Singles!

Member Login:
Username:
Password:
forgot password?

-Success Stories
-Singles Bookstore

Singles Articles

Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Facebook!

Forums -> Prayer Requests

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ihope2

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:27 am  Reply with quote

Are there any Muslim Christians on here, Please?
I am looking for Muslim Christians, I believe the Lord has put a burden on my heart. I became a member of a group on facebook and later found that most members were Muslim. Well the person that started the group was a Muslim college student, we spoke on different subjects on of the being on love, most agreed that I had a better understanding of the subject. I noticed that the college student that started the group appeared interested. She would send me post on love, one of them was the three nails, you know the meaning of this, she was alone and looking, I understood. Later I got beat up by one of the guys I don't know why maybe he thought I was an old man 'till he checked out my profile, anyway she saw this and told him to stop, he continued, she told him that she hated him for fighting with me (protected me from him) I told her that she should not hate anyone because that akin to murder, the guy immediately wanted to be my friend, I said no until he can control his anger issues he became a follower still is. She seemed to appreciate my response to her statement. later on we got to talking about good women for good men that went well. She kept posting to me romantic posts. I had to leave the group one, because the misunderstood the meaning of love that I taught them that Jesus was God and that God is love, for them it was all about their god not love, second, I started to fall in love with her. She told me that we were family and that she did not want to let me go (more personal than just a group member, right?). That statement told me she had feelings for me, we got close I shared about my family and ex, as she shared her family with me, mom, dad, brother. I fell in love and I believe she did also, I had told her so and she told me she was laughing (happy), that if I wanted to tell her that, that to tell her in her in box (personal) not in the comments box (public) and she posted a happy face, later more posts from her with hearts, later on she again posted to me that she loved me. We would chat most every day starting at 3:05 pm. I guess facebook did not like her posting for many friends a class bet between her and class mates, they told her to stop, she bent the rules did it anyway in a round about way. I like the people in the group, they were caring, just that of their god instead of love and one God, I fell hard for this girl and ever since, other than not being able to get her out of my mind a sense of sadness for them because they don't seem to understand that God is love. I pray for them and her and have been trying to understand why they believe the way they do. Anyway I have not talked with her for 32 days now and I don't know if she is going to come back to facebook or not. I know, unequally yoked comes to mind, but in their country, she is American born and raised by the way, but practices Islam, Christian men and women do marry Muslim men and women. If I could I would marry her. One more problem and she knows yet she still told me she loves me, I am 39 years older than her and she is only 18. I told her I would do nothing to influence her or go against her will because true love will allow you to choose what you decide, and is never forced, she still told me she loves me. However, I still feel the same about her and I can't talk with her. Since facebook removed her so quickly we had no chance of exchanging email or phone numbers. I just know that she goes to CUNY college in New York but not her field of study. Ever since I have prayed for her and them and I keep hoping that she would come back on. Anyway I need to understand why they think the way the do and hope that some how they would be saved. If there are any Christian Muslims here please , I ask you to pray for them and my situation, one way or another whatever God decides I'll have to accept, if I never see her again at least I will pray for her and those in that group and for anyone of them that are lost. I hope that if we don't get together that one day I may see her in heaven. So please if you would, post to this and let me know how to understand the why because I would hate for any of them to be lost, it grieves me something I had never felt or known about, now I know how God feels about us when we go astray. It is a hard lesson t o learn and I accept it. So here it is, please if you are a Christian Muslim let me know, I thank you in advance from the bottom of my heart and ask the Lord to bless you for you help. In the name of Jesus (Yeshua) amen.

grateful

Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:54 am  Reply with quote

Wow! You shared a lot.
--I am afraid for both you and her.
---And not only for the age difference.

Just my opinions, OK.

First...
I do not doubt you when you say you are in love. But that's dangerous considering you have not spoken or even met face-to-face... You are hooked on someone about whom you actually know very little.
--I'm jus' sayin'...

Unequally yoked...
Yes, in a BIG way.
--If you read a reliable translation of the Koran (the most personally oppressive book I ever read...they probably think the same thing about our Bible) ...you will find, among other very dark things, that for a Muslim to kill a Jew or Christian is a BIG positive thing for a Muslim.
--Yes, she may be on the fringes of the Muslim world and its influence (I don't know), but the culture is not forgiving of what she is doing with you. It is very possible that other more devout Muslims who know she is a Muslim will independently 'mess' with her (and/or you) simply because of what you have talked about.
--Indeed, she may now be MIA because Muslims have warned her off...or worse.

The attraction...
...for her is a man, you, who treats her with respect, etc.

Muslim families...
...are VERY patriarchal. Families will often shun and/or harass, and/or behead Muslim converts to Christianity.

All that said...
Culturally she is a lowly Muslim woman who is directly playing with serious fire, and you are only slightly removed from the direct line of fire/wrath of her family members AND all other Muslims!

--Look out!

Final Advice...
I am sure you have already prayed for the Spirit to get her saved somehow. Great.
Next, pray earnestly for her safety (and your own). And, for your own and her safety, pray earnestly to be able to drop the romantic love portion of your love for her.

May God-Jesus delight to bless you in great measure (and all those who are important to you), with wisdom and with guidance by His Spirit.

It looks to me like you may have misinterpreted God's-Jesus' intention for you in this situation, in this meeting of this woman. Perhaps you were/are being given a mission to pray earnestly for the salvation of all Muslims. They all sure need that outside spiritual support, that's for certain!

grateful

Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:09 pm  Reply with quote

IHope2...
I need to say more...to answer another of your confusions.

You said:
Quote:
...not being able to get her out of my mind a sense of sadness for them because they don't seem to understand that God is love. I pray for them and her and have been trying to understand why they believe the way they do.
(my emphasis on that last phrase)

Think about this:
Generally, most people think/believe/adhere mostly to the prominent religion that is in the geographical area of their birth.

If you were born in India you'd likely believe and be involved with and think like Hindu, Hindi.

If you were born in Bhutan, Burma, Cambodia, China, Tibet, Japan, Laos, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, Sri Lanka, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam and Singapore. you'd likely believe and be involved with and think like a Buddhist if you're not a Muslim.
Buddhism is the fourth largest world religion and the 3rd largest in Asia. It also has strong minorities in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, the Philippines and Russia.

If you were born in Germany you'd likely believe and be involved with and think like Lutherans

If you were born in USA you'd likely believe and you'd likely be involved with and think like those in either Christianity or in secular humanism or Liberalism.

If you were born in Britain you'd likely believe and be involved with and think like Anglicans or Atheists.

The most prominent Religion in most of Asia is Islam (Muslims)
So, if you were born in Asia you'd likely believe and be involved with and think like a Muslim.

Islam is the largest religion in Asia with approx. 1.1 billion adherents.
--South Asia and Southeast Asia are home of the most populous Muslim countries, with Indonesia, Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh having more than 100 million adherents each.
--In 2006 there were 20 million Muslims in China.
--In the Western Asia, the non-Arab countries of Iran and Turkey are the largest Muslim-majority countries.
--In South Asia, Pakistan and Bangladesh are the countries with the largest Muslim-majority.
--In Central Asia, Afghanistan and Uzbekistan are the countries with the largest Muslim-majority.
--Malaysia is 61.3 percent Muslim, Brunei is 67 percent Muslim, the Maldives are 100 percent Muslim, and Saudi Arabia is 97 percent Muslim.

This, above, is the main reason that people tend to believe as they do...it is from the culture they were born in to. And then...
--They don't think for themselves when they become adults...
--So the devils have them in their camp...
--...and evangelical-type Born-Again Christians have not yet prayed for the Spirit to open them to Jesus ...and then go tell them the Good News of their possible salvation from h*ll-to-Heaven by Jesus.

Lots to pray about and to do, huh?

Love_Addict419

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:42 pm  Reply with quote

Ihope2, here's a little word of advice for you...

Please, please, please examine where your heart and motives are at. How badly do you want a woman to love you? What are your reasons for such a deep longing? Whatever it is, I know and I'm sorry it sounds cliche, but go to God with it before a relationship.....This will save you and the woman you choose to get into a relationship with from so much heartache. Then pray and hold out for a woman who is not only going to satisfy you emotionally and physically, but will inspire you and help you grow to be a stronger man of God. I don't know the depth of your friendship with this young Muslim woman, and I apologize if I'm wrong, but from your post it looks like a lot more emotions and feelings were involved than a sincere, solid, deep relationship. I am a skeptic of falling in love before meeting in person..... Can talking with someone we find sweet, and caring, and attractive, and smart give us an adrenaline rush that tells us we're totally in love? Absolutely. But it's not. I learned this the hard way. There are so many little things you don't know about someone that will make you or them think otherwise about being "in love" when you are in person that you never see while emailing, chatting, or talking on the phone.

One more thing, even if you are the exception, and everything I just wrote doesn't apply, I just want you to come away with this: having a Muslim wife is not going to build you up as a stronger man in Christ. Is that really what you want? In fact, she not only will be unable to build you up, but she will tear you down. Nevermind for a second the verse about being "unequally yoked". Matt. 12:30 (the words of Christ) "Anyone who isn't with me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me." Do you want to be partnered in marriage with this? If you could lead her to Christ and she accepts Him, that would be awesome, but you don't want to play the role of both significant other and primary spiritual mentor..... again, from my personal experience it doesn't go well at all.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message

Brigette

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:43 am  Reply with quote

Pray earnestly to be able to drop the romantic love portion
"pray earnestly to be able to drop the romantic love portion of your love for her." You have been given proper and truthful Godly advice. Often when we are in sin or wanting to sin we look for whatever reason to continue in that sin. Grateful and Addicted 2love have spoken from the Word of God and if you choose not to listen it is not out of ignorance any more.

Brigette

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:44 am  Reply with quote

Pray earnestly to be able to drop the romantic love portion
"pray earnestly to be able to drop the romantic love portion of your love for her." You have been given proper and truthful Godly advice. Often when we are in sin or wanting to sin we look for whatever reason to continue in that sin. Grateful and Addicted 2love have spoken from the Word of God and if you choose not to listen it is not out of ignorance any more.

Page 1 of 1