About Real Christian Singles Features Why RCS? Sign up!

Welcome, Guest:
Join Real Christian Singles!

Member Login:
Username:
Password:
forgot password?

-Success Stories
-Singles Bookstore

Singles Articles

Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Facebook!

Forums -> Ask a Guy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lindalee322

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:49 pm  Reply with quote

Question for a guy
I have a question for a guy so since this is the forum for that...

What do guys think about make up. Honestly. I've heard some guys say that too much (or even just "a lot") is a turn off. Which is funny because a lot of girls who are trying to go the extra mile to win over the guy will put on a lot of make up.

So....let me know guys!

Changeisthrugod1189

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:51 pm  Reply with quote

Great question! I'd like to know too! Well guys?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message

silver 4

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:54 pm  Reply with quote

While we're waiting on the guys....

I had a boyfriend once tell me that he didn't like too much. That it made him not want to touch my face or KISS ME! And that it looked fake and he wondered what I "really" looked like.

So I cut way back on my makeup. Maybe other guys feel differently.

kevinrcs

Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:00 pm  Reply with quote

Here I come to save the day!!!!

Okay, I will say that some women wear too much and that it is a turn off. To me, it looks unhealthy and unnatural. And, as someone else mentioned, it can make me wonder what the woman REALLY looks like.

Plus, she can't really lay her head on my shoulder during a movie or something because she'd ruin my shirt. LOL.

So I guess I'm not a makeup-liking guy. Other than some stuff around your eyes, I'd say keep it natural and go small on the cake and paint.

There you go - a guy's opinion!

Whistle

Kimberlyn78

Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:32 am  Reply with quote

kevinrcs wrote:

Okay, I will say that some women wear too much and that it is a turn off. To me, it looks unhealthy and unnatural. And, as someone else mentioned, it can make me wonder what the woman REALLY looks like.

Plus, she can't really lay her head on my shoulder during a movie or something because she'd ruin my shirt. LOL.

So I guess I'm not a makeup-liking guy. Other than some stuff around your eyes, I'd say keep it natural and go small on the cake and paint.

Whistle

What about on a special occasion? Like an anniversary, a party or wedding where I'm a bridesmaid?

kevinrcs

Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:45 am  Reply with quote

Kimberlyn78 wrote:
kevinrcs wrote:

Whistle

What about on a special occasion? Like an anniversary, a party or wedding where I'm a bridesmaid?

Probably, but again, no need to overdo it. TO ME, it is not attractive. A little, strategically placed can look nice but it's a slippery slope in my opinion.

Alma1995

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:01 am  Reply with quote

It's not that nice
For a very special occasion, make up is ok. It's like an "enhancement". But if you wear make up everyday, well, it's just not that nice.

Edelweiss

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:22 pm  Reply with quote

silver 4 wrote:
I had a boyfriend once tell me that he didn't like too much. That it made him not want to touch my face or KISS ME!

kevinrcs wrote:
I guess I'm not a makeup-liking guy. Other than some stuff around your eyes

lol, so if I wear lipstick, it could keep a guy from kissing me? I'll have to remember that. Wink

leesw2

Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:58 am  Reply with quote

Edelweiss wrote:
silver 4 wrote:
I had a boyfriend once tell me that he didn't like too much. That it made him not want to touch my face or KISS ME!

kevinrcs wrote:

lol, so if I wear lipstick, it could keep a guy from kissing me? I'll have to remember that. Wink

Is that because you want to make sure you don't wear it so he will kiss you or because you want to wear it so he won't?

Mr. Green

kevinrcs

Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:59 am  Reply with quote

leesw2 wrote:
Edelweiss wrote:
silver 4 wrote:

kevinrcs wrote:

Is that because you want to make sure you don't wear it so he will kiss you or because you want to wear it so he won't?

Mr. Green

I was wondering the same thing.

Kimberlyn78

Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:03 pm  Reply with quote

I would not wear it knowing this....guys are timid enough when it comes to making that first move/kiss. In some ways, that's our (women's) fault I think.

Edelweiss

Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:47 pm  Reply with quote

kevinrcs wrote:
leesw2 wrote:
Edelweiss wrote:
silver 4 wrote:

kevinrcs wrote:

Mr. Green

I was wondering the same thing.

Depends. Wink

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2