About Real Christian Singles Features Why RCS? Sign up!

Welcome, Guest:
Join Real Christian Singles!

Member Login:
Username:
Password:
forgot password?

-Success Stories
-Singles Bookstore

Singles Articles

Follow us on Twitter!Follow us on Facebook!

Forums -> Ministry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuno

Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:47 pm  Reply with quote

Scripture Union - Any volunteers?
Hello!
I've been serving as a volunteer in Scripture Union Portugal for (already) 25 years. Worked as Summer camps' monitor and leader, writer of Bible Reading Notes (children and now teenagers), member of the Board, General Assembly and Supervisory Committee.
Just curious to know if someone else is familiar with or is a volunteer within this international and interdenominational Christian organization.
This year we'll celebrate the 150th anniversary of SU worldwide!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message

Gurnzy

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:20 pm  Reply with quote

I have never heard of it before. But is sounds like what we have a lot of different organizations doing around here. I am in Suffolk, VA, USA (if you know where Virginia Beach or Norfolk, VA are, they are close enough for driving to for work)

Nuno

Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:18 pm  Reply with quote

It makes sense; SU begun in England (due to Josiah Spiers' innovative work) and does not have a huge expression in the USA.

I do not know Suffolk (or the other 2 places that you mentioned) but must say that already visited your state, back in 2002. Started in New York, then Washington DC and ended my visit in Roanoke (to visit a friends of a friend with whom I travelled with).

Gurnzy

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:57 am  Reply with quote

Roanoke is in the opposite side of Virginia. We are at the coast. As the crow flies, I am about 7-10 miles from North Carolina and 10-15 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. Suffolk borders North Carolina to the south. We have Camp Rudolph in Yale, VA. We have all kinds of children programs at churches in the area. We have Regent University, Mid Atlantic Christian University, and Liberty University close by.

Page 1 of 1